With the COVID-19 cases increasing at a faster rate in India, people must opt for the best health insurance plan in India that offers maximum cover against Coronavirus treatment. Read to know how you can choose the plan for COVID-19.
A health insurance policy provides financial security at the time of medical emergencies. Whether you are single or having a family, it is crucial to safeguard yourself and your loved ones from the uncertainties of life. This is especially so essential in today’s time when the world is facing the pandemic crisis. Although, as we accept the new normal due to the spread of the virus, the ground reality is quite different.
In India, the cases are growing every day, and the fear of getting affected by the virus is prevalent everywhere. Due to the widespread of the novel Coronavirus, people are taking measures to protect themselves. But what is most pivotal is to have financial security, which you can get if you have the best health insurance that offers maximum coverage for COVID-19.
What is covered in the Policy?
- Hospitalisation expenses including oxygen, PPE kits, nursing charges, ICU, doctor consultation fees, blood tests, and bed charges
- Pre-hospitalisation costs involving doctor consultation, check-ups, and diagnosis. The coverage is maximum for 15 days
- Post the discharge; the insurer will compensate for the medical expenses incurred until 30 days
- If you’re undergoing any home treatment, then the Policy covers the charges related to medical costs until 14 days
- Avail ambulance transportation facility from home to hospital and vice versa
- Quick and easy pre-authorized cashless claim settlements and reimbursement options are available if you seek treatment at a non-network hospital
- Get cover for alternative therapies like Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy
What are the exclusions in the Policy?
- Expenses incurred due to bed rest at home or custodial care
- Buying medicines with the prescription of the doctor
- Exclusion of unproven treatments due to lack of documentation
- Availing treatment for Coronavirus outside India
- Confirmatory test carried out at an unauthorized centre
- Medical expenses incurred due to day-care treatments will not be covered
One can also enhance the cover by availing an optional benefit – Hospital Daily Cash – where you get 0.5% of sum assured daily if you are hospitalised for COVID-19 treatment for up to 15 days. This is an optional cover that will help to meet your financial needs. The health insurance plan related to Coronavirus are many; it is best to opt for a family health cover that will provide the necessary financial cushion to cope with the situation. Most reputed insurance companies in India cover hospitalisation expenses if you already have health insurance.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for a standalone policy for COVID-19, you can search for one, a standard health insurance plan for you and your family. It covers the medical expenses arising due to the treatment, as well as ensures quality treatment.